This section lets you provide access to the Manage2 interface to others. You can also manage users, change preferences, and update your information.
Please read over this section very carefully.
The Users section
This feature will allow you to add user accounts, so that your users can access the Manage2 interface with their own login information.
Why do you need additional users?
It may be useful to offer individual user accounts to your users, as opposed to a single account with multiple users. The following is a list of reasons to offer he following is a list of reasons to offer individual accounts to your users:
- You can restrict access based on the needs of specific users. At the same time, you can keep the master account secure.
- Each user will only receive notifications relevant to their access and account.
- You can remove access for terminated employees without affecting the main account and the user accounts.
Adding a user
To create a user account:
- Enter a username.
- We strongly recommend you set this value to an email address.
- Enter a password.
- Enter the user's full name in the Full Name field.
- Click Add.
Next, Manage2 displays the Edit User
This feature will allow you to change certain preferences in your Manage2 interface so that things show up the way you would like them.
Here you will be able to set the defaults for Groups
which display when you access the Add License
feature, create a list of shortcuts that will list frequently used features near the top of the Manage2 interface and change the order in which the different sections of features are displayed.
- From the drop-down menu, select the default Group to display on the Add License screen.
- From the drop-down menu, select the default Package to display on the Add License screen.
- Under My Shortcuts, view the Available Apps. To select a feature to appear in the My Shortcuts bar at the top of your screen:
- Select the feature you wish to list in My Shortcuts.
- Click the right arrow button (---->) to move the feature to the Active Apps list.
- To remove a feature from the My Shortcuts menu, click the left arrow button (<----).
- You will need to make sure that all of the selected features appear properly in the space provided.
- Under Display Order, edit the order in which sections should appear in your Dashboard:
- Enter lower numbers for items you wish to appear closer to the top of the screen.
- Enter higher numbers for the items you wish to appear lower on the screen.
- Do not duplicate the numbers in your entries.
- Click Save.
Your sub-users will be able to change the preferences for their accounts as well, so the changes made here will only affect the account in which they are made.
If you have created sub-user accounts, you will need to define what privileges each sub-user will have. This feature can be useful if you wish to tailor access to certain departments. For example, accounts payable needs the ability to view and pay invoices.
This screen shows all sub-users for the account, including their:
- Access level.
- Last login time.
- Sections of Manage2 they can access.
You may also Delete
or Reset Security
for the user.
To add a user, click Add
. For more information, see the documentation on the Add User
This option will allow you to remove a sub-user that you have created from your account.
- Confirm that you want to delete the user by clicking Delete.
Here you will be able to change the Username
for a specific user, as well as select the privileges the user will have.
- If you wish, edit the user's:
- Real Name
- Email Address
- Admin Level
- Sub-users are given a level of -10 by default. Higher numbers correlate with greater access privileges. If you wish to set this user to the primary user, you should set this value to 0.
- Phone number, secondary phone number and extension.
- AIM username.
- If you wish to limit the user's access to groups, click Limit Group Access.
- If you wish to limit the user's access to Packages, click Limit Package Access.
- Under Available Privs, choose the features to which you wish to provide the user access.
- Note: The user is initially set up with no privileges, so you will have to select everything the user will have access to.
- After you select each feature, click the right arrow button (---->) to move it to the Active Privs list.
- To remove a feature from Active Privs, click the left arrow button (<----).
- Only select privileges you wish to allow the user..
- If you clicked Limit Group Access or Limit Package Access, you will see options for selecting the groups or packages to which the user has access.
- By default, if you let the user access the Add a new license feature, he or she will have access to all groups and packages on the account.
- Important: Only use the Limit Group Access and Limit Package Access options if you wish to limit the user to certain groups or packages.
- After you select each group or package, click the right arrow button (---->) to move it to the Active list.
- To remove a group or package from the Active list, click the left arrow button (<----).
- Click Save.
To undo any changes you have made, click Cancel
To delete this user:
- Click the Delete button at the bottom of the screen.
- Confirm that you wish to delete the user by clicking Yes.
Reset Security for User
This option will allow you to reset the security questions for a user. To do so:
- Click the Reset Security link corresponding to the user whose security questions you wish to reset.
- Click the Go button.
Once the security questions have been reset, the sub-user will have to enter 4 new security questions and answers the next time he or she logs in.
Update My Information
This feature will allow you to update the information for your own user account. For detailed information about this feature, see the Edit User
This feature is useful for hiding unused features from your Dashboard
or limiting your own list of Groups
. If you wish to limit the features seen in your account, use the left arrow to move them to the Available Privs
list. Once you click Save
, they will no longer appear in your Manage2 interface until you add them back into the Active Privs
For security reasons, the password field is blank. If you do not wish to change your password, please leave this blank when updating other information.