IP Deny Manager
For cPanel version 11.28
This feature is capable of blocking a single IP address or a range of IP addresses from accessing your site. Fully qualified domain names (FQDNs) can also be banned. See the glossary
for more information about FQDNs
Deny (Ban) an IP Address
To deny/ban an IP address:
- Enter the IP into the IP Address or Domain field.
- Click the Add button.
IP addresses can be added in 5 different ways:
- Single IP Address (Example: 10.5.3.333)
- Range (Example: 10.5.3.3-10.5.3.40)
- Implied Range (Example: 10.5.3.3-40)
- CIDR Format (Example: 10.5.3.3/32)
- Implied (Example: 10.)
Entering “10.” as an implied IP address implies 10.*.*.*, where * represents a positive whole numbers in an IP address. Therefore, entering “10.” will block all IP addresses that begin with 10. Please exercise discretion when implying IP addresses.
Unban an IP Address
To remove a denied IP address:
- Click the button under the Remove header next to the appropriate IP address.
- From the next screen, confirm the IP address’s deny-removal by clicking Yes.
Topic revision: r7 - 24 Jan 2011 - 22:02:06 - Main.JustinSchaefer